Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Green Me Baby!!!

I just love my new green walls. The darker wall is the "back" wall opposite the large window. It is 2 tones darker than the other 3 walls. I love the depth it gives the rooms.

And this is the large window. It was early in the day and it's an east facing wall, so the bright factor is a tad high. But you can get the idea of just how much light comes in early on. So that back darker wall can look much brighter in the morning.

Oh...and don't mind the kitchen table in the front room. It's the easiest place to put it while the work is being done. The kitchen to dining/sewing room/area is standard door width, which makes it more of a pain to move the table through repeatedly.

This room also has the back wall darker. It looks so nice with the crisp white cove ceiling & window casing. The bases are also going to be white.

The kitchen is all around one tone. I figured it'd be best this way since there is so much more going on in here than the other rooms. This green is the tone between those in the other rooms. It's pretty neat as the day moves on since the lighting almost makes it look like even more tones.

4 comments:

  1. It's looking really good! I love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is always good- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using the same color in different shades! It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking wonderful! And I have to laugh at myself--I was looking at the green walls, and thinking, 'Ooh. I Like them!' when it struck me that Of Course I would. They're virtually the same color I chose for my own kitchen! Well, you know what they say about great minds....

    Seriously. I think your remodel is just fabulous, and I can see why you're happy with it!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi