Monday, May 9, 2011

Rust Belt was a SMASH

I feel like I have been MIA lately...from the blog, from the shop, from the house....
It was worth it :)
The Rust Belt Market had it's grand opening this past weekend. I was lucky enough to be one of the 60 plus artisans. Friday night was full of fun, food, music & drinks as they celebrated the ribbon cutting & opened up the doors for a preview.

I was frantically trying to finish up my display last week. Worried that it just would not get done. And while I still have quite a bit of tweaking - it turned out pretty good for a first show.


As you can see it is a very open airy space. Below you can see the view from my spot looking back towards the center. There is a raised stage there where local musicians play. Awesome touch :)
Here you can see the owner's daughter tooling around on her little bike. She is so cute. When my hubby came by to pick me up, he brought our son. She tried to get him to play, but he was too shy. Today he told me he wants to play with her next time. Let's see if he actually remembers when the time comes.


These were taken after closing, it was never so empty when opened. Heck, on Sunday...there had to be at least 20 people that filed in the moment the doors were unlocked.

Those map pillows were my neighbors, Salt Labs. Huge hit. And deservedly so. The Detroit ones were the first to go. No surprise there :)


Those mosaics you just saw. Legos. I don't think I need to say more.



And that chair & table...concrete. Alex of Lost Arts Studio was quite busy all weekend. People were in awe. Especially after they sat in the couch to find that it was so comfy.

And the D. Gotta love the D. That one is metal, which he can work wonderfully. If you pop on over to his site you can see what I mean.

So summary: awesome venue - awesome owners - fantastic artisans - great crowd....fun weekend :) I am looking forward to going back on the 28th. Hopefully with more backpacks, Dee bags and smaller embroidery pieces.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great market! I like your display. :) And I'm in awe of those Lego mosaics! I can't imagine the time it took to make them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great place! Glad you did well :) Your space looks nice and big. And it looks like you are in great company as well! What talent...you will fit right in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that you had a good time. And it looks like you had artistic "neighbors." Hope you sold some bags - you must have if you're looking to increase your inventory {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great time! And the lego thing must have been amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi