Friday, May 22, 2009

Etsybloggers: Summer Line

This carnival is one where I got to pick the theme choices - yippee! It's my first time as host, some come back by next week to take a peek at all the awesome blogs that participated.
The choices I gave were to show your summer line or talk about a birthday memory. If you are a regular reader here, you can probably guess why I picked these. My boys had their birthdays recently - April 25 & May 15. And I am changing around my shop a little - thus the summer line.

I am going with the summer line since, well, it's only my kids birthdays I like...could care less about my own. That tends to be the way with kids though huh?

Summer line: Calling it a new "line" may be a bit of a stretch since most of the bags I will be making have been made by me before. What makes it new to me is the organization aspect. When I first opened shop it was full of a mish mash of different bags. Having every bag made from different fabric was, and is, one of the things I like most. And the new stuff will keep that one-of-a-kind aspect. But I am narrowing down the style choices.

I have set aside fabric to make 5 bags of each style - to start. I am hoping to introduce them all at once...well, over a period of a week or two. So in the meantime, I am having a clearance sale of all items not following the new line. These pics show the fabrics I have set aside. Whether or not this changes as I sew is yet to be determined :)



I have also started embroidering panels for messenger bags. My Serenity bag was going to be the first in my shop - but it sold. Which is a good thing, but when I went to sketch out a replacement...I made about 10 more. Opps. This is what I have completed so far:



And the styles? Here's the list: Messenger bag, Pleated tote & duffle (yoga mat length) with handpainting & embroidery, Venus, Ribbon & Ann handbags with handles, Mollie clutch, wristlet with bracelets and the Taffy purse (only smaller)....plus zip pouches. I will do custom ones for those who want the bags in a different size or fabric...or "bulk" orders like the bridal party ones I have done recently. Here's a mosaic of examples:

6 comments:

  1. looks good! The duffle bag will definitely be a winner. Put something about the yoga matt size in the top of your description, so it will show up in google searches.

    A thought: I was looking around the house for a bag to carry on the plane (along with my knapsack). Most of my bags don't have zippers. This is very important to me, since I will be alone partway, and need to protect my "stuff." Something I would look for in a travel bag, and other women might also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the variety of your bags and the colors are always so beautiful! Best of luck with your new summer line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics are to die for and the bags are gorgeous. I haven't been sewing much lately, due to other responsibilities. I really need to get down to some serious sewing soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so jealous of your embroidery skills! I'm thinking of picking up a basic book on drawing because I think that would be the best place to start if I ever want to do embroidery... Because I can't really draw :P And I know that would help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your summer items look great! I enjoy seeing all your new embroidery items :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely fabrics, terrific embroidery, and fabulous bags! much success!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi