Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mom's Thanksgiving Gift

I almost posted this on Thanksgiving, but my mom had said something to me that made me think twice in case she peeked in on this blog. So I am sharing it now. Well, I kind of shared it earlier while it was in the making. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. So was she. And bonus - she was not expecting anything. Makes it that much better :)

I designed the table runner myself...I can't call it original exactly since triangles are used like this lots. I decided to make some coaster/trivet/potholder thingies too. They were also a great way to "practice" mitering my corners before I tackled the runner. Quilt corners do not bother me too much since it is wrapped around you when in use. Whereas a runner is displayed for all to see. Although - I think most people look more closely at the yummies placed on the runner than the runner itself. At least at our family feasts :)


back side of coasters

I think I may make some winter/holiday themed runners as well. I also sketched out a tree skirt with a matching pattern. Whether or not I get to it, who knows. I have a messenger bag duo custom order, ornament swap and 6 bag order all due up in a couple weeks. Does not leave much time for the holiday sewing I had in mind for the shop. Maybe I will make them in January in preparation for next year.

5 comments:

  1. They all turned out great!

    I like the idea of Christmas stuff in January...I always get behind and never get any holiday stuff done...that way it's already ready...LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you're so sweet! You gave "Happy" for Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a wonderful job on each item! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi