Another week, another workout. I did not get around to posting last week's workout. And that is okay since I only did it twice. The snow days kind of mucked things up. My trainer is trying to make my workout home-friendly. He knows that life tends to get in the way of me getting to the gym on a regularly scheduled day. So now I can do things at home if I have to. But I do prefer getting there - no distractions at the gym.
- Barbell squats then dumbbell stationary lunges: drop set of 10-8-6-4-2, no rest
- Dumbbell front squats then dumbbell squat thrust into hammer curl: 3 sets of 12 with 30 second rest b/w cycles
- Dumbbell alternate dead lifts then standing military press then T-raises: 3 sets of 16-12-12 with 30 second rest b/w cycles
- Hack Squat (V-squat machine) then dumbbell lateral raises: drop set of 10-8-6-4, no rest
- Bench cross step up: 16 reps, 8 each leg, 3 sets with rest
- One leg stepper step up: 16 reps, 8 each leg, 3 sets with rest
- ABS...aka "crazy abs": 3 different exercises:
*Incline bench with medicine ball: hold ball above head and make circles while doing sit ups...when trainer yells 'reverse', you reverse...then throw ball as sitting up - pause to catch ball - then go back down...repeat until you feel like dying*sit ups dubbed "Birthing Baby": with legs at 90* forming a triangle with feet touching, do "push through" - as sit up arms 'push through', alternating left leg-center-right leg-center
*pike type sit ups with medicine ball: arms straight overhead, don't let feet touch the floor, bring feet and ball up to meet straight above
these exercises are not easy to put into words, but once you try, it's not too difficult, well, they are, but not the form :P
Update on progress: I feel stronger but have not changed any measurements. I need to get better at consistency. Cardio was only good for 3-4 days a week...not the 5 minimum I was shooting for. I do hope that warmer weather will at least help on those days I can't get to the gym.