Another week, another workout. I could really feel this one in my arms...which are starting to show some definition - Woo Hoo!!!
- Dumbbell chest press on incline bench then lat pull down: 12 reps, 3 cycles, no rest b/w
- "YTWL's": 2 sets of 12 reps, rest b/w
...this one is not easy to explain - facing down on an incline bench, using small weights do these 4 exercises in succession: start with arms hanging straight down, bring them up to shoulder level in a "Y" (where your body is the straight line part of the Y) - then bring your arms up & out in a lateral raise (this is the "T") - then bring them up like a row stopping at shoulders to push them straight ahead parallel to the ground (the "W") - lastly, arms are held alongside your body with your palms facing up (they'll be down by your hips) and raise them up behind you (the "L")...the last one reminds me of penguins sliding down a hill - why? dunno, something about an old cartoon sticks in my head....I hope that made sense - it should when you actually get into position. Ether way - it's a tough one...you are in a position like the one below:
- Cable row machine then single leg dumbbell front raise: 12 reps, 3 sets, with rest
- Stability ball "wall sit" with dumbbell lateral raise: 12 reps, 3 sets, with rest
...ball sits at your lower back as you get down into squat position for arm work
- Squat thrust with dumbbell hammer curl into press: 12 reps, 3 sets, with rest
- Stability ball single leg squats: 12 reps each leg, 3 sets, with rest
...wowsers - this one was hard. I found it best balance-wise to put one foot onto my opposit knee rather than just floating there...and yes, I looked ridiculous with all the wobbling, but it does one heck of a job!
- Resistance band lateral leg lifts: 12 reps each leg, 3 sets, back to back w/o rest
...these are what I think of as the "Jane Fonda" type exercises, but modernized with that darn band around my ankles...so it is like the pic below, but with a stetchy band around your ankles
- Stability ball hamstring curls then hamstring machine: 12 reps, 3 cycles, 1 set
- Incline bench skull crushers: 12 reps, 2 sets, with rest
...this was done with a bent bar attachment on the cable machine - they are tricep overheads but on a bench - keep elbows in tight to head and pull up until arms are almost straight - do not lock elbows
- ABS: I am just choosing random ones this week
So - have you tried any of these yet?