Thursday, September 18, 2008

Firefly/Serenity


I have always been a fan of Joss Whedon - from Buffy to Angel to Firefly. And now I get to craft some! Craftster has a swap starting based on the tv series Firefly and its movie Serenity. In the questionnaire we were asked what our favorite quote was. Well, I have a ton! So I thought I would list them here. And I invite any other fans to add some of their faves too.

...from episode 1/2 "Serenity"
Mal: If anyone gets nosey, you know, just shoot 'em
Zoe: Shoot 'em?
Mal: Politely

Wash: Didn't she shoot you one time?
Mal: Everyone's makin' a fuss.

Mal to Shepherd: How come you're flyin' around with us Brigands? I mean, shouldn't you be off bringin' religiosity to the fuzzy wuzzies or some such?

...episode "Bushwacked"
Wash: Oh no, we're all doomed! Who's flying this thing? Oh yeah, I am.

...episode "Shindig"
Zoe: Planet's comin' up a mite fast
Wash: That's just 'cuz I'm goin' down too quick. Likely crash and kill us all.
Mal: Well, when that happens, let me know.

Kaylee: Yessir Cap'n Tightpants

Wash: Here lies my beloved Zoe, my autumn flower. Somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross.

Mal: With a Swhat? (for those who don't know, that swhat would be a sword)

...episode "Safe"
Wash: We should start dealing in those black market beagles.

...episode "Mrs. Reynolds"
Mal to Saffron: Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

Shepherd: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk in the theater.

Mal: Jayne - go play with the rainstick.

Mal: But she was naked - and all articulate.

...episode "Jaynestown"
Kaylee: Bye now - have good sex.

Shepherd: You don't fix the Bible.
River: It's broken - it doesn't make sense.

Mal: It's my estimation that everyman there ever been a statue made of him was one kind of son of a bitch or another. It ain't about you Jayne - it's about what they need.
Jayne: Don't make no sense.

...episode "Out of Gas"
Mal: OK - I need that in captain dummy speak Kaylee.

Wash: So very sorry sir! I guess the news that we're all going to be purple and bloated and fetal in a few hours has made me a little snippy!

...episode: "Trash"
Mal to Saffron/Bridgette/Yolanda: I hate to bring up our imminent arrest during your crazy time, but we gotta go.

River to Jayne: Also - I can kill you with my brain.

...episode "The Message"
Simon: This may come as a shock, but I am actually not very good at talking to girls.
Zoe: Why - is there someone you are good at talking to?

Wash: Wow, that's grotesque - oh, and look, there's something in a jar.

Mal to Tracey: You wanna explain why you got yourself all corpsified and mailed to me?

Mal: Attention crew - sit down and hang on to somethin'.

...episode "Heart of Gold"
Mal: This distress wouldn't happen to be taking place in someone's pants would it?

Mal: They're whores.
Jayne: I'm in.

Mal: Lady, you are my kind of stupid.

Kaylee: Cap'n seem funny to you at breakfast?
Wash: We all know I'm the funny one.

...final episode: Objects in Space"
Mal: We're deep in space - the corner of No and Where.

Zoe: Either blow us all up or rub soup in our hair.
Wash: I hope it's the soup thing, it's always a hoot and we don't all die from it.

Jayne: What - she killed 'em with mathematics. What else could it 'ave been?

Wash: Psychic? That sounds like something outta science fiction.
Zoe: We live on a spaceship dear.
Wash: So?

Simon: Well - my sister's a ship. We had a complicated childhood.



4 comments:

  1. i tried to watch firefly but couldn't get into it but loved serenity.. does that make sense? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I'm tired so I'm going to be lazy and not try to remember what episodes their from - but here's a few of my favorite quotes :D

    Wash: "Can we go back to the part where Jayne gets beat up by a 90 lb girl? Because that never gets old!"

    River: "Bullet in the brain pan - squish!"

    Kaylee: "You mean to say...sex?"
    Simon: "I mean to say."
    Kaylee: "Well shoot - I aim to live!"

    Ok - you took most of the rest of my favorite lines :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. *psst* Tilt! Mal's calling his group "brigands" when he talks to the preacher! It's like pirates!

    Also, I appear to have posted a mystery post here- not this one-- please don't approve the Mystery Post! It frightens and confuses me!

    Katie K- How were you exposed to Firefly? Because it was originally broadcast aallll out of order, which really hurts the show. Give it another try with friends on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks carapace...not sure if the goof was my memory, handwriting or typo'esque. Some quotes were written specifically for the blog, others were just rambling around in my head (with a quick double check on episode)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi