Saturday, September 13, 2008

My little haven

Well - this is what happens when you have a 1300 sq ft house. Your sewing space ends up smack dab in the middle of the family room.
Looks like I need to empty the waste bin too.

It is actually nice because this way I can maybe, kinda, on a good day, get some work done while the toddler is toddling.

That cutting table off to the sides opens up rather nicely...although, at my height, it could stand to be a few inches taller. Gets the job done though.
My fabric bin is actually a garbage bin from Target (shhh, don't tell anyone)...and NO, it
was never used for anything else, sheesh!
As you can see, I have a few bags I just finished. When I run out of room on my 3 post wood hanger thingy (yes, I am very technical), I just start hanging on the curtain rod. It does keep things neatly out of the way.
My sewing machine is there on the table...I realize you may have missed it. It is a Pfaff Hobby 1040 that I got about 10 years ago at the Sewing Expo in Novi, MI. It was a birthday (and Christmas) gift from my mom. Go mom!
The first thing I sewed was my son's Robin Hood costume. He looked so cute! see...


He is now 13...and 5'6". I don't think he wants a costume anymore. Good thing we have a spare - lol! The 3 year old, well, he wants to be a princess. I finally get to dress a little girl - kind of. Be sure to check back for pics if he still wants to be that in a month.

For now, I just need to get my (not so) little butt off this chair, away from the computer, and towards my haven. Unless I fall asleep on the way.

Thanks for joining me - hope to have you here again - and hope I'll be back soon too :)
note to self: check to see if there is a spell check here for all my typos! oh, there it is - :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by and said hi