Friday, March 27, 2009
Roasted Scallops and Fennel
6 ounces sea scallops
1 cup fennel bulb, chopped, (1 bulb)
7 ounces artichoke hearts, 1/2 of can, chopped
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Spray 2-qt ovenproof, flameproof, baking dish (pyrex ok)
2. In a medium bowl stir together all ingredients and pour into baking dish.
3. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and increase heat to broil. Drain dish of any liquids.
5. Return dish & broil 5 minutes or until deep gold.
Per Serving : 256 Calories; 6g Fat (22.2% calories from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 20g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 28mg Cholesterol; 638mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
source: Weight Watchers Complete, 2006
note: the pic is a tad light, couldn't capture it well...but it's yummy :)
If you have not had fennel before, click here to see me post regarding fennel: what & how to cut.