Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Ok - so the picture does not look so great...but trust me - it is quite yummy :)
I took a few different recipes, took out what I did not like, and squooshed them into one...
1 1/2 cups potato flakes, divided (make mashed to equal 4 cups...add a little extra milk to make it a easier to spread at the end)
1 pound extra lean ground beef, browned and drained (or ground turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
16 ounces diced tomato, drain can
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (peas & carrots)
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz)
1 dash paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package (plus extra milk to make it easier to spread) 3. Brown beef and onion - drain
4. Sprinkle some potato flakes in bottom of 9x12 pyrex/glass dish
5. Mix tomatoes and beef/onion mixture and spread in pan
6. Spread vegetable mix over beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese
7. Spread potato mixture over beef mixture, top with paprika
8. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Portion into 8 sections to serve
Per Serving (using the beef): 247 Calories; 13g Fat (45.2% calories from fat); 5g Sat Fat; 17g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.