Friday, February 13, 2009
Apple Spinach Chicken
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
10 ounces chicken breast halves without skin (1 large or 1.5 medium breasts), cut into chunks
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon brown mustard, spicy
1/2 cup apple cider
1 cup Granny Smith apple, 1 medium, cored and sliced
16 ounces fresh spinach, baby, or chopped swiss chard
1. Heat oil in large skillet over med-hi heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper & add to skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove from heat & keep warm.
3. Add next 4 ingredients (thru apple slices) & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes.
4. Return chicken & juices to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens & chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
5. Add spinach & toss until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 279 Calories; 7g Fat (23.0% calories from fat); 1g Saturated fat; 33g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 625mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Source: Health magazine Jan/Feb 2007