Friday, February 6, 2009
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup leeks, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup mushroom, sliced
1 clove garlic
3/4 pound potato, cooked, peeled and sliced
3 ounces Swiss cheese, lowfat, shredded
2 cups egg substitute, thawed (or whole egg equivalent)
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400*.
2. In 10-inch nonstick oven-proof skillet heat oil. Add leeks, bell pepper, mushrooms & garlic. Cook until leeks are tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Transfer to medium mixing bowl & set aside.
4. Spray skillet. Arrange potatoes in single layer and sprinkle swiss cheese over potatoes.
5. Add egg substitute to leek mix & carefully pour over potatoes.
6. Cook over med-hi heat until bottom is set, about 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle frittata with Parmesan & transfer to oven.
8. Bake until mixture is set, about 10 minutes. note: whenever I have cooked this, it has taken about twice that time.
Nutrition: Per Serving : 131 Calories; 5g Fat (31.8% calories from fat); 1g saturated Fat; 10g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 153mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
from Weight Watchers, Simply Light Cooking, 1992