Friday, February 20, 2009

Not Quite a Recipe

I say not quite a recipe because this is the dish I throw together when I don't know what to have. But it is yummy...very simple...but yummy.


Keep in mind that I don't actually measure...

Serves: 2

Ingredients:
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic - minced
1-2 bunch scallions - sliced (or onion if no scallions available)
1 Portabello mushrooms - cut into chunks (use either baby or large caps)
1 Tomato - cut into chunks - any tomato will do (I used grape tomatoes in this pic)
1 can Artichoke - cut into chunks
splash or 2 of red cooking wine (or balsamic vinegar)
tarragon (or oregano, basil, marjoram, etc)
black pepper

rice or noodles - cook as directed for 2 servings

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet
Add scallions & garlic - saute 2-3 minutes until soft
Add artichoke, mushrooms & red wine - saute 3-5 minutes
Add tomatoes & herbs and cook until soft

Serve over rice or noodles

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I've never had artichoke hearts but I might be willing to try them mixed in with all those other ingredients I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy vegetarian meal! I'm always on the lookout for a quick veg recipe...we're trying to cut down on meat. Thanks for sharing!

    Duni

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi