Friday, April 17, 2009
3 Cheese Quesadilla
This is one of my faves that I have been making for years. And it is very easy to change around to add in your own choices of "fillings"...chili peppers, meats (already cooked), squash...whatever floats your boat :)
1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, strips; or green
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 dash cumin
1 dash crushed red pepper
2 tortilla, 6"
1. Preheat oven to 450*.
2. In small nonstick skillet add onion, bell pepper & garlic - cook until bell pepper is tender crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
3. In small mixing bowl, use fork to combine remaining ingredients (except tortillas)
4. Onto bottom half of 1 tortilla spoon half the veggie mix & top with half of cheese mix. Fold in half & gently press to close.
5. Arrange filled tortillas on nonstick baking dish & spray each w/cooking spray.
6. Bake until cheese melts, about 8 minutes.
Per Serving (1 tortilla) : 350 Calories; 13g Fat (32.9% calories from fat); 6g Saturated Fat; 14g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Source: Simply Light Cooking, 1992