Friday, August 14, 2009

Dream Cruise Energy is Picking Up

Anyone living near metro Detroit knows what I am talking about when I mention The Dream Cruise. Heck, some people in Europe even know what it is. We get people, car lovers, from all over the world migrating into our towns for this event.

from Detroit News
I was driving around yesterday and there were parking areas already taped off. And by parking area, I am referring to the areas between the sidewalk and roads. Chairs were already set up and waiting. By the end of the work day the chairs were being filled and classic cars started filling the roads. And the official cruise isn't even until Saturday.

from TroyProperty.com
There are many people who hate the cruise for the inconvenience it causes, personally, I think it's great. Yeah, I can't just go anywhere I want easily because of the traffic, but big whoop...it's only one weekend. There are places that have traffic like this all the time...but without the party atmosphere.

from Urbane Apts
I really wish I had some of my own pics now, but I will snag some this weekend to share next week. For now, I found these pics on Google images (click on any of them to go to their source where you can read more on the cruise).

I leave you with this mental image - the one I had on my way to the craft store last night: Lined up at a stop light - all looking like they just rolled out of the factory - mint condition - but from different eras...30s, 50s, 60s and 70s...all in a row - it was beautiful. If only my cell phone had a camera.

6 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I see my parents in one of those pics! Okay, just kidding...but I bet they'll be there :) Our entire family loves car shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, I remember most of these models. That must be quite a sight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. quite an event! Looks like a lot to see... I'm not that much into cars, but I know some people are. And when you have those classics in good shape. Good reason for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're very lucky to have this "in your backyard" - i just love old cars like these

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi