Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Back on the 19th I went up north to Frankfort with my family...which included my hubby's parents, sis & her hubby plus kids. We stayed at a nice resort on the Lake which my youngest dubbed "The Palace". We had a different Fun Czar assigned to each day's activities.

The first night is the easiest - let the kids run down at the beach & play in the sand and water...clothes & all. It got rather amusing since my youngest still had a pull up on from the trip. Let's just just say they did their job & absorbed liquids well...they were halfway down his rear in no time! So cute :)

I was concerned about my shops since the Christmas in July sale was going on. There was wi-fi up there & I planned on using my son's iTouch. Luckily, my bro-in-law had a laptop that I could use to check on the shops once or twice a day. See...my sis-in-law snapped a shot of me working.

My youngest really wanted to see a lighthouse - and while there was one right out the front of the resort at the end of a pier...he wanted a big one he could go in. So we went to Point Betsie...which was closed. At least I got some cool pics. The Mackinaw - Chicago race was also going by in the distance - very cool. (Too far out for good pics though). But they had a great time skipping rocks. Young and old alike...

Wyatt and Daddy

Wyatt and big bro

From there we went on in to Traverse City. I could spend all day there! But, since I was the only one, we just did a quick browse through. I did find some great buttons & ribbon (pics to come later). We got some cool hats (I was wearing mine in the computer pic above). Wyatt's was adorable, but he took it off & ran laughing everytime I tried to snap a pic...correction - I just noticed that he was wearing it in the picnic pic.

Tuesday was set aside for the Dune Climb and canoeing. I think we may be bit off our rockers to do both on the same day. If you have never done a dune climb - I highly recommend it....but start early in the day when the sand isn't too hot. And bring lots of water. We climbed for 1 1/2 hours...much easier going down. The MIL and FIL opted out of the canoeing (they hung back & relaxed during the climb too), but we all enjoyed a scenic picnic between the two.


The evenings were spent playing games...Phase 10, Uno, Garbage & Sequence. This is my oldest & my SIL's oldest playing Garbage...reminds me of the 3 Bears - one chair too big, table too small...

The last full day there was the individual Family Day. Before we all went our own ways, my SIL & MIL went with me to a craft show nearby. It was rather large & if I had more cash - I would easily have spent it all. Got some good craft show prop ideas too.
My son had his eye on an antique bugle back in Traverse City and since I never got to do my day of shopping...we went back into town. I just love those places. Yes, lots of tourist shops, but even more small boutiques...and a fabulous yarn shop. I need to learn to knit.

We took the scenic route down through the forest on the way home Thursday. I spent Friday shopping for craft show props & getting all my stuff together.
Saturday & Sunday were the big days - my first 2 day craft show. You can read more about it here.

The big day of my MIA'ness was those spent in the hospital. Yes, I said hospital. Without going into too much detail - my body betrayed me for a bit but all the big bads came back negative...no heart attack, no stroke, no brain hemorrhage, no sign of MS...I feel much better now, but still not myself. So I may still be sparse with my online time. I'll keep you updated.

7 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun and I enjoyed your photos! Glad to hear you are doing better and hoping you feel like your self again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds wonderful! Glad you had a great time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos you shared with us! And your right...that laptop is too cute :D Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun traveling along with you.

    Sending hot homemade chickens soup get well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must live close to me here in the midwest! I put your avatar on my blog so I can remember to visit more often! You can see it at Winding Threads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a wonderful time! Great pic of everyone wearing hats!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi