Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Food: Turkey and Lean Beef Meatloaf

Okay - not super original, but I can never find the one I like, so I came up with this one. And now that I blogged it, I can always find it :)

Serves: 8...at 6oz each...a 9x12 pan cut into 8ths

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes

Ingredients

* 16 oz Extra Lean Ground Breast of Turkey (Jennie O makes a good one, Honeysuckle too)
* 16 oz 96% Lean Ground Round (I prefer Laura's)
* 1/2 serving Onions
* 1/2 medium raw Green-bell Pepper
* 2 Eggs
* 2 tbsp Wheat Germ
* 1 serving Quick Oats
* 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Ritz Cracker
* 3 tsp Sauce, Worcestershire
* 1/4 cup Ketchup

Directions

Heat oven to 400* (375* is okay, it will just add about 15 minutes)
Spray 13x9x2 baking pan with nonstick spray

Beat eggs in small bowl
Dice onions & bell pepper
Mix all ingredients in large bowl
Spread out down the center of the pan & "shape" into a loaf
I like to squirt on some extra ketchup to the to in a squiggle
***There will be some space on either side of the loaf...good for drainage of excess fat****
Cook for 45 minutes
Check internal temp - it is done at about 170-180*....I often add another squiggle of ketchup for these last 15 minutes
Cook another 15 minutes...let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing

Nutrition Facts
per serving: Calories 220; Total Fat 5.28g; Saturated Fat 1.57g; Cholesterol 118.75mg; Sodium 270.7mg; Total Carbohydrate 12.95g; Dietary Fiber 1.04g; Sugars 3.29g; Protein 29.42g

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, does that look yummy! I'm all for eating healthy foods so that will be a recipe on my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ritz crackers huh? Mmmm! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by and said hi