12 ounces chicken breast halves without skin, butterflied, cut into strips/chunks
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter, divided
1 1/2 cups mushroom, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
1/2 cup Chardonnay, or other dry white wine
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1. Place chicken breast pieces between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap (or ziplock) & pound to 1/2"-thick using rolling pin or meat mallet. Sprinkle with flour & pepper.
2. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken & cook 8 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan & keep warm.
3. Add mushrooms & shallots to pan & saute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth & bring to a boil.
4. Cook until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
5. Return chicken to skillet, stir to coat & sprinkle with parsley
Per Serving: 314 Calories; 8g Fat (25.6% calories from fat); 4g Saturated fat; 39g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 449mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.