Super yummy - super easy - super fast...
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus,
1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
1 dash pepper
7 ounces chicken breast half without skin, sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 ounce pignolia (pine nuts)
1 cup fennel bulb, sliced
1 cup onion, sliced
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons dry white wine
6 medium plum tomato, seeded and sliced
fennel sprigs, for garnish
1. On sheet of wax paper combine 1T flour & pepper. Dredge chicken in mixture.
2. In 9-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 1/2t oil. Add chicken & cook over med-hi heat, turning occasionally, until browned, about 1 minute. Transfer to plate; set aside.
3. In same skillet heat remaining oil. Add fennel & onions - cook over med-hi heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with remaining flour and stir to combine. Continue stirring & gradually add broth & wine - cook until mixture boils.
5. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken & pignolias to skillet. Let simmer until mixture thickens & flavors blend, about 4 minutes.
6. Stir in tomato, cook 1 minute longer. Garnish with fennel sprigs.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 282 Calories; 9g Fat (30.4% calories from fat); 1g Sat fat; 24g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 285mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.