Serves about 8 - depending on your sweet tooth :)
1/2 pound butter, soft, for pan
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
2 whole egg
2/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Bake in round 9-inch cake pan or springform pan. Set rack to lower slot and preheat to 350*. Line cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Place 4 Tablespoons butter in pan and set in oven until it melts.
3. Remove pan from oven and stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon, spreading it over the bottom of the pan.
4. Spread cranberries over the sugar mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, cream the remaining butter, granulated sugar and egg yolk.
Stir in the eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth.
6. Add sour cream, vanilla, salt - stir.
7. Add remaining dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda - stir. note: the consistency will be a little like sugar cookie dough.
8. Spread in pan over the cranberries (try not to mix them in)
9. Bake at 350* until center springs back or use toothpick to test for moist crumbs (not wet gooiness)...about 50-65 minutes.
10. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Use a knife on the sides to remove from pan - flip and let sit another 5 minutes before removing pan. (if using springform pan, just unclasp sides and flip)
Nutrition...do you really wanna know?...
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 549 Calories; 29g Fat (47.2% calories from fat); 17g Saturated fat; 6g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 150mg Cholesterol; 505mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 1/2 Fat; 3 Other Carbohydrates.