Rosemary Chicken Wild Rice Soup
1 cup wild rice, cook as directed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast halves without skin, cubed or shredded
1 cup carrot (2 med), diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 tablespoon rosemary, dry
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 teaspoon pepper
8 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk, 1% lowfat, or whole
1. Cook rice as directed on package.
2. In skillet heat oil & add garlic. Cook until golden.
3. Add chicken, carrot & celery. Cook 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Stir in rosemary & cook until chicken is done, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Stir in marmalade, mustard & pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
6. In Dutch oven (large pot) bring the stock & butter to a boil.
7. Add chicken mixture & rice to broth.
8. Simmer about 30 minutes. Add milk & continue to simmer 15 mintes - stir occasionally
Per Serving: 191 Calories; 6g Fat (28.3% calories from fat); 2g Sat fat; 17g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 653mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.