Friday, January 23, 2009
1/2 cup salsa
1/3 cup sour cream, light
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large plum tomato, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound Jennie O' Ground turkey (I use this brand b/c it is the leanest I have found)
1 can organic red kidney beans
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, or 2Tsp dried
8 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup lowfat cheddar cheese, optional
1. Combo salsa & sour cream in large mixing bowl.
2. Heat oil in large skillet & saute onion & garlic. Add turkey & cook through. Add tomatoes, beans, cumin & chili powder - cook & stir for a few minutes until the tomatoes soften up & break down.
3. Stir in 1/2 of salsa & sour cream mix - continue on low for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add lettuce to bowl of salsa/sour cream & toss to coat.
5. Serve meat mixture over lettuce & sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Per Serving: 200 Calories; 3g Fat (14.4% calories from fat); 1g saturated Fat; 26g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
original source: Eating Well (some changes have been made)